CMEP ( continuing medical education credit points )
1 contact hour is based on 60 minutes of instruction equivalent to 1 CME credit point , The minimum number of credits points awarded is 0.25 and the maximum number of credits points is 30 for the particular event .
One point of instruction plus a portion is awarded as follows:
- 15 minutes = 0.25 CME point
- 30 minutes = 0.5 CME point
- 31-45 minutes = 0.75 CME point
- 46 minutes -60 minutes = 1 CME point
- 1 hour +1–15 minutes = 1.25 CME point
- 1 hour +16–30 minutes = 1.5 CME point
- 1 hour +31–45 minutes = 1.75 CME point
- 1 hour +46–60 minutes = 2 CME points
Hand on training - Interactive Activities
- 30 minutes -60 minutes = 0.5 CME point
- Quiz & assessment sessions is not eligible for credit point system.
- Commercial symposia organized during the event (not eligible for credit point system).
- On patient clinical practices are forbidden (not eligible for credit point system).
- Breaks and side discussions are held outside the CME Activity scope are not eligible for credit point system